Strange wireless problem

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:37:36 UTC 2010

Dne 14.01.2010 (čet) ob 15:14 -0700 je Robert Holtzman zapisal(a):
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 08:27:07AM -0600, Christopher Lemire wrote:
> > My wireless has stopped working. Each time I boot up Ubuntu, I see a list of
> > networks and try to connect to mine. Then after it shows the animated
> > connecting image, it doesn't connect, and I see this. How do I troubleshoot
> > this problem? I'm using Karmic.
> >
> > http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/913/screenshotnv.png
>
> I have this identical problem. I've been fighting it for months with no
> luck. What network manager are you using? If It's the one included with
> the distro try installing wicd. It will tell you whether the problem is
> authenticating the connection or, as in my case, grabbing the IP.
>
> What computer? Router or adapter?

Hello,

sorry I have no answer (yet maybe), as there is not enough information
in your post.
Which wlan card?
Which module is in use for the card?
What syslog shows related to wlan_module_name and NetworkManager?
Is it on a laptop?
If it is, do you have wlan_kill_switch enabled? What happens, if you
turn on/off the switch?
What shows syslog, when you enale/disable wlan in nm-applet?
What shows syslog, when you enale/disable network in nm-applet?
What is output from ifdown and ifup commands in Terminal (also output in
syslog)?

Anyhow, you may find in and from [1] some useful info about
troubleshooting procedures.

[1]https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessTroubleShootingGuide

Regards