Strange wireless problem

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Thu Jan 14 22:14:44 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 08:27:07AM -0600, Christopher Lemire wrote:
> My wireless has stopped working. Each time I boot up Ubuntu, I see a list of
> networks and try to connect to mine. Then after it shows the animated
> connecting image, it doesn't connect, and I see this. How do I troubleshoot
> this problem? I'm using Karmic.
>
> http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/913/screenshotnv.png

I have this identical problem. I've been fighting it for months with no
luck. What network manager are you using? If It's the one included with
the distro try installing wicd. It will tell you whether the problem is
authenticating the connection or, as in my case, grabbing the IP.

What computer? Router or adapter?

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279