Beginner Q1: Linux incapable of handling FDD?

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Thu Jan 14 16:15:01 UTC 2010

welcome and have patience.

I don't run the Japanese version although I have Japanese enabled in my
American version, I am not sure how much difference there is in the base.

I do use floppys and have had no trouble with Ubuntu or SUSE 10.0 using
them. (I am running Ubuntu 9.04)

maybe trying the older 9.04 version should work, but this should not have
had any effect on the SUSE 10.0 which I used with floppies also.

has the BIOS in your computer been  set to recognize FDD, this could be a
problem if not turned on.  this is not a linux issue though but a basic
input/output setup variable, do the floppies work in windows or MSDOS or
any other OS???

hope this can be some help

Bob