Synaptics Touchpad Issues

Jay Daniels dnls at pointyhats.com
Tue Jan 12 00:03:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 13:14 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> New HP G60-530US laptop w/Ubuntu karmic 64bit
> 2.6.31-18-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 8 14:54:52 UTC 2010 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
> I'm attempting to figure out how to turn off/on the touchpad via the
> touchpad on/off key. I found options to do this via configuring a
> series
> of keys[1] but haven't tried as yet. I've also installed
> gpointing-device-settings, but that works only temporarily & the
> touchpad is turned back on as soon as I open another window etc., so
> I'd
> like to figure out how to get the actual on/off key working.
>
> Any suggestions on how to go about this?

I do not know, but I installed Slackware on a thinkpad a while back and
there was an option during installation to chose the correct IBM/Lenovo
Thinkpad keyboard.  Not sure if all keys worked though, but you may want
to investigate this on the slackware installer.

There is no such option when installing ubuntu.

jay