Full install vs wubi...

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:53:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 7:22 PM,  <mdovell at comcast.net> wrote:
> I was just wondering what
> would be the advantages of doing a full version rather than wubi. thanks

You're mileage may vary but depending on your hardware you may see a
small or significant hit in performance running Ubuntu with Wubi
rather than natively in its own partition.  I've seen a marked
increase in performance since installing normally instead of via Wubi.

My machine is an old Athlon XP 2000+ 1.2GHz machine with 1GB of PC2700
RAM.  On a more modern machine you'll see better speeds, especially a
dual-core machine with a SATA drive.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com