Would like help setting up ndiswrapper with Atheros AR5B91 (identified as "AR928X")

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Sun Jan 10 01:35:27 UTC 2010

10.01.2010 01:17, Marcus Wanner:

> What I'm trying to do here is install/configure
> ndiswrapper to use the latest driver, which is available on the gateway
> website in a .7z file. It contains both 32 and 64 bit versions of the driver
> for windows vista (a .sys, .cab, and ,inf file for each, along with a common
> setup.exe + other installation junk).

Essentially, what you have to do is:
- install ndiswrapper
- ndiswrapper -i <drivername>.inf
  in the expanded Windows driver archive
- unload the kernel's own module for the device
- load the ndiswrapper module
- maybe restart NetworkManager
If everything works, you can blacklist the ath9k module and add
ndiswrapper to /etc/modules to get it automatically loaded.

More info for example here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ndiswrapper/index.php?title=Main_Page

--