Gnome PPP Question

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Sat Jan 9 19:14:45 UTC 2010

Barry Premeaux wrote:
>> No, it hasn't been included in any distro since 8.10
>>
>> however there is a comprehensive tutorial at the following
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/View?id=ddj988ww_4gxnzrsgc
>>
>> Cheers the kiwi
>
> So, it looks like my only option is to find a stable version of the
> package, and install it after I have installed 9.10.
>
> Do you have any recommended sources for getting the package?
>
> Barry

boot with the 9.10 live cd
start synaptic, search for gnome-ppp select install (even if you don't
have internet access), in the file-menu select create skript to download
packages.
This creates a script which uses wget to download all necessary packages
including dependencies. execute this script on a pc which has a internet
connection and wget installed (e.g. any linux pc).

use a thumb-drive or any other storage device to transfer the downloaded
packages to your pc. --> you are now ready to install ubuntu karmic.

Wish you luck
Franz