configuring a Trust TB-7300 tablet

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Sat Jan 9 15:13:38 UTC 2010

hi everybody,
and best wishes for new year.
I have several problems after installing a Trust TB-7300 tablet on
my Karmic desktop (with the wizardpen driver), and I found no useful
information browsing the specialized forums.

1/ I can't set it to the "relative" mode. The line
         Option   "Mode"     "relative"
    in xorg.conf doesn't work.

    and the command:
       xinput set-mode "Trust Tablet"  relative
    gives:

      X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
      Major opcode of failed request:  140 (XInputExtension)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_SetDeviceMode)
      Serial number of failed request:  14

2/ The cursor moves so fast that it is almost impossible to use
    the tablet, and neither "xset m" nor "xinput set-ptr-feedback"
    have any effect.

3/ GIMP: all the extended input devices are seen (cursor, stylus, eraser)
    but can't be used... For example, I can select the brush, but after that
    drawing doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated...

--
Pierre Frenkiel