Gnome PPP Question

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 9 04:26:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 19:58 -0800, Barry Premeaux wrote:
> > No, it hasn't been included in any distro since 8.10
> >
> > however there is a comprehensive tutorial at the following
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/View?id=ddj988ww_4gxnzrsgc
> >
> > Cheers the kiwi
>
> So, it looks like my only option is to find a stable version of the
> package, and install it after I have installed 9.10.
>
> Do you have any recommended sources for getting the package?

It's included in Ubuntu 9.10, just not on the livecd.

The best way to install it would be to bring your computer somewhere
that has a wired Internet connection available. Or else, you can
download it directly from the archive:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gnome-ppp/

You'll probably need a few dependencies, such as:

libuniconf4.6
libwvstreams4.6-base
libwvstreams4.6-extras
wvdial