Gnome PPP Question

Barry Premeaux bpremeaux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 15:35:10 UTC 2010

> It's included in Ubuntu 9.10, just not on the livecd.
>
> The best way to install it would be to bring your computer somewhere
> that has a wired Internet connection available. Or else, you can
> download it directly from the archive:
>
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gnome-ppp/
>
> You'll probably need a few dependencies, such as:
>
> libuniconf4.6
> libwvstreams4.6-base
> libwvstreams4.6-extras
> wvdial
>
> That should take care of it.
>
> Marc.

Thanks Marc.  Finding access to a wired network connection would
probably be my best option considering the updates as well.  I need to
get the 64bit DVD for this machine anyway.  The 32bit live CD was okay
for the old laptop and the 1GB RAM, but not well suited for the
desktop which is dual core and has 4GB RAM.  Again, thank you.

Barry