no soundcards found 9.10 upgrade on Dell studio xps

Barry Premeaux bpremeaux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:37:51 UTC 2010

After loading gnome-device-manager, it shows my sound controller is a
VIA8235 with VIA1615A Sound Card.  My sound on this old ACER is
working of course.  If you have installed device manager, try it and
see if any thing shows up.

The alternative will be to track down the sound card information from
the technical specifications.  Once you have it, then google for the
debian package that supports that sound card.  In your google search,
link it to 9.10 before going to general debian packages.

Barry