Community Council, please take action!

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Tue Jan 5 08:49:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, January 5, 2010 08:00, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> They have already done so very explicitly:
>
> See item number 3 under Technical guidelines.
>
> Here, I'll quote it for you so there will be no mistake:
> "Write your email underneath the email which you are replying to."
>
> Wow, the "Top Post Complainers" were right all this time.

Top posting, not snipping, html mails,... are all very minor nuisances
compared to the foul language that I have seen the last couple of days.
The former is just lazyness or lack of knowledge (like people who don't
know how to configure their mail client); the latter is pure *malice*.

If we can stop the personal attacks, then the rest can be mitigated with a
few simple technical stopgaps. I have a few procmail rules that clean up
emails before I get them, and I'm sure others have too. There are also a
few useful plugins for Thunderbird. That way, even if I get an "ugly"
email, it will appear "nice" to me, and when I reply it will automagically
be "nice". After a while the "ugly" mailers will hopefully notice that
their emails get sanitized. And if not, too bad for them, but it doesn't
bother me any more.

--
Amedee van Gasse