Flash sound crashes

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Mon Jan 4 04:43:40 UTC 2010

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Ray Parrish wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone know when Adobe is going to fix flash so sound will keep
>> working in it? In my browsers every time I'm watching video, or
>> listening to Pandora Radio, random things make the sound stop working.
>>
>> Sometimes it's espeak making an announcement set by my reminder program,
>> and at other times espeak can pop up, and the flash sound will keep
>> working. Sometimes all I have to do is click a link on a page, and the
>> damn sound quits working.
>>
>> Is there an alternative to Adobe flash player that works better? I've
>> had it with this one, it sucks majorly.
>>
>> The sound quitting happens both in Firefox, and Google Chrome.
>>
>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>

> Is it Adobe or the Ubuntu default install with flashplugin-installer?
> On my Karmic 64 bit OS, I use
> libflashplayer-10.0.42.34.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz to install the 64 bit
> version of flash which works
> great.  I believe there is a 32 bit version that you could use if
> needed.  If you decide to use the latest version above be sure to read
> all the documentation on the setup. Other than an occasiona skip in
> audio output, it's the best flash plugin I've come across to date.
> Hope it works for you.  I guess it could also be an audio card issue.

Hi eonard,

I just installed the mozilla flash plugin, and now in about:plugins in
Firefox, it shows libflashplayer as being used, I do not know how to
switch to the mozilla plugin so I'm going to wait and see if the sounds
keeps working now.

It's not the audio card, because I can still play sounds in Rythmbox
after the browser sound crashes. I have to shut off, and restart the
browser to get the sound back in flash.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
The Future of Technology.