Flash sound crashes

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 2 20:17:55 UTC 2010

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know when Adobe is going to fix flash so sound will keep
> working in it? In my browsers every time I'm watching video, or
> listening to Pandora Radio, random things make the sound stop working.
>
> Sometimes it's espeak making an announcement set by my reminder program,
> and at other times espeak can pop up, and the flash sound will keep
> working. Sometimes all I have to do is click a link on a page, and the
> damn sound quits working.
>
> Is there an alternative to Adobe flash player that works better? I've
> had it with this one, it sucks majorly.
>
> The sound quitting happens both in Firefox, and Google Chrome.
>
> Later, Ray Parrish

Is it Adobe or the Ubuntu default install with flashplugin-installer?
On my Karmic 64 bit OS, I use
libflashplayer-10.0.42.34.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz to install the 64 bit
version of flash which works
great.  I believe there is a 32 bit version that you could use if
needed.  If you decide to use the latest version above be sure to read
all the documentation on the setup. Other than an occasiona skip in
audio output, it's the best flash plugin I've come across to date.
Hope it works for you.  I guess it could also be an audio card issue.

--
Leonard
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net