Evolution calendars do not print with Karmic

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 4 02:47:56 UTC 2010

On 01/03/2010 05:32 PM, Robert Hodgins wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 16:59 -0800, NoOp wrote:
>
>> Is there anything in /var/crash?
>
> No. It's empty.

Unfortunately because it is installed in both a wubi and 64bit
environment I can't test & try to reproduce. I have 32bit and standard
Ubuntu.

Details for debugging using strace etc are available, and you can check
through the bugs listed in:

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evolution/+bugs?field.searchtext=calendar&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=>

but in this instance you might be better of by backing up
/home/<username>/.evolution to a different folder/directory and trying a
new plain profile.

1. In evolution; File|Backup Settings & let it write
'evolution-backup.tar.gz' to a file/folder other than
/home/<username>/.evolution - perhaps /home/<username/Public. Exit
evolution.

2. Next backup /home/<username>/.evolution to the same location. After
you've backed up /home/<username>/.evolution to an alternate location
delete the .evolution folder.

3. Restart evolution (you'll need to go through the basic email setup
again, but in this case you can set up a dummy email if you wish.

4. Try printing the calendar and see if you get the same results. If all
works, then the issue is most likely in your
/home/<username>/.evolution/calendar files. If it still craps on you,
then you might want to consider reinstalling evolution:

$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall evolution evolution-data-server

and test 4 again. If it works this time, then you can most likely move
the old /home/<username>/.evolution back, and or use the
'evolution-backup.tar.gz' to restore evolution.

The above tries to eliminate the user profile vs the actual evolution
program. If instead you'd like to troubleshoot with details traces etc.,
let me know and I'll point you to the references on how to do that.