What is your price on a low-cost LINIX printer?

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 14:23:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>        Since cups puts out the proper "standard input", which all
> the new printer hardware must have, it's easy to see that all
> new printer hardware will work with Ubuntu.

This is not true.  While many printers will work out of the box, not
all do.  Sometimes you'll have to find a PPD for the printer.
Sometimes support just doesn't exist.

I'd suggest to the original poster to make a list of printers in his
price range from where ever he can buy one, and just do a google
search on the model numbers with 'linux' in there.  It should be
pretty easy to find if the printer works and if there are any
kinks/workaround to get things working.