What is your price on a low-cost LINIX printer?

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 13:38:41 UTC 2010

	It needs to be said that people who write editors, or have
pictures they want to print on a printer have a standard
output. This is not what a printer wants.

	The printer wants a "standard input" that is defined in
detail. And the printers from China and Japan and a few from
the USA all need this "standard input".

	What is needed is a format changer in our computer, that
takes the file from the editor in it's form and converts it to
what the printer requires. This software is called "cups" in
Ubuntu. I know only that cups works. I print things and it works.

	Since cups puts out the proper "standard input", which all
the new printer hardware must have, it's easy to see that all
new printer hardware will work with Ubuntu.

	So if your poor, go to Target or Wal Mart and buy their
cheapest printer. If your rich buy a color laser printer. If
your me buy a black and white laser printer.

	The cheapest printer is an ink-jet type. Be prepared to spend
a lot of money for ink. Or learn to fill your own ink holders.

	My Wal Mart Brother HL-1440 Laser Printer has cost me $45.00
for one new black ink container. I have used this printer hard
for 4 years so far. I think new laser printers are quite cheap
now, like $80.00.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI