Non Ubuntu question

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 23:52:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 17:15, Amedee Van Gasse <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:

> Please just stop hijacking this Linux list for all your Windows problems
> or your personal political views on operating systems.

Because only your personal political views on operating systems are valid?

> Your computer is infected with a virus called Windows.
> Format your hard disk to remove the virus, and install Ubuntu or any
> other Linux. As a side effect, you will contribute to fixing Ubuntu bug
> n° 1.

> I already told the topic starter to visit http://support.microsoft.com/
> That is the only official support forum hosted by Microsoft.

Yes you did. Thank you for pointing him to a starting place.

> My message should have been the last message in the thread.

Perhaps, but it wasn't, and other people actually tried to help the
OP, who, by the way, IS apparently seeing this issue on a Linux box as
well:

"I already have Ubuntu (32 bit) and Mint (64) installed on the same
machine. So, I have a triple boot and the reason why I posted this
question is the problem initially started on Windows boot only (and
still exists) on Windows **and later  on Ubuntu**. Should have clarified
this before."

** Emphasis mine
But perhaps you were too busy TL;DRing to notice the detail there

"Give a man a fish and he will have food for a day.
Learn a man to fish and he will never be hungry again."

But unfortunately, all you really did was throw him a hook and a pole
and said, go find them yourself.  Your response did not teach him
anything, other than to stay away from Linux groups because of the
asshattery.