OpenOffice update problem

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 02:24:24 UTC 2010

Gryllida wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Jim Byrnes<jf_byrnes at comcast.net>  wrote:
>> Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
>>> Hallo Jim,

>>> As the version of OO.o supplied with Ubuntu is the Novell fork, go.oo,
>>> it may be worth checking running processes for that variant. It's just a
>>> guess, but that's where I would start if I used that version. Personally
>>> I prefer the "vanilla" version from OpenOffice.org.
>>>
>>> Peter HB
>>>

>> I found in System Monitor I was looking at "my processes". I changed
>> that to all processes and found oo.org.server.sh, soffice and
>> soffice.bin.  I selected them and tried to kill them but they still seem
>> to be running according to system monitor and update manager says they
>> are still running and will not update OO.
>>
>> Regards,  Jim
>>
>> --
>>

> Maybe a reboot can help? Maybe they will not be running after a reboot?

Tried that earlier but it did not help.  I have tried killing them from
the System Monitor and from the terminal using kill -9 PID I see them
disappear but 15 seconds later they are back with a different PID.

OO seems to run OK but it is effecting other things I want to do on my
system.  I installed LAMP and it reported some errors regarding OO.  The
install completed and the components work ok but still I would like to
resolve this matter.

Thanks,  Jim