Problems installing djbdns

Jan malepatus at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 15:39:02 UTC 2010

Hello ubuntuusers,

I've a problem installing djbdns. I tried out several tutorials, f.ex.
this one:

http://ectropic.com/wordpress/?p=34

The tutorial proposes:

"
START-UP CONFIGURATION:

    * INIT:
          o touch /etc/event.d/svscan
          o update contents to:
                + start on runlevel 2
                  start on runlevel 3
                  start on runlevel 4
                  start on runlevel 5
                  stop on shutdown
                  respawn
                  exec /usr/bin/svscanboot
    * sudo /etc/init.d/djbdns restart
"

The /etc/event.d/svscan file doesn't exist on my ubuntu system. When I
create it and continue to the next step (sudo /etc/init.d/djbdns
restart), I get several error messages:
"
Stopping djbdns: svc: warning: unable to control
/var/lib/svscan/dnscache: file does not exist
svc: warning: unable to control /var/lib/svscan/dnscache/log: file does
not exist
dnscache svc: warning: unable to control /var/lib/svscan/tinydns: file
does not exist
svc: warning: unable to control /var/lib/svscan/tinydns/log: file does
not exist
tinydns .
Starting djbdns: svc: warning: unable to control
/var/lib/svscan/dnscache: file does not exist
svc: warning: unable to control /var/lib/svscan/dnscache/log: file does
not exist
dnscache svc: warning: unable to control /var/lib/svscan/tinydns: file
does not exist
svc: warning: unable to control /var/lib/svscan/tinydns/log: file does
not exist
tinydns .
"

How could I solve that problem?