Installing a video card from scratch

Rick rickmorn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:38:26 UTC 2010

I'm running on an IBM Thinkcentre M50, using the built-in video hardware.  I
just ordered a GEFORCE 7600 GS video card and need to know what to do next.

I know how to plug the card into the computer, but should I immediately switch
the monitor cable to the new card or do I have to do the software configuration
first to load the driver for the new card?  Will the card work at all without
the driver?

I've read about EnvyNG and plan to use it.  (Is this a good idea?)

Thanks!

Rick