grub

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Feb 21 01:15:40 UTC 2010

Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> that did the trick.  Thanks a heap!  I suppose the developers will
> come up with some way around having to do that.

This is considered a feature, not something the developers think to 'get
around'.  If you want the menu to show up all the time, even though you
technically only have 1 os and would only need the menu in a rescue
situation, then edit /etc/default/grub
and comment out GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0 (ie, put a # in front of it) then
run update-grub for your changes to be written into the actual boot file.

See here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grub2