Thunderbird 3.0

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 01:39:03 UTC 2010

Tommy Trussell wrote, On 02/17/2010 06:20 PM:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Steve Flynn wrote, On 02/17/2010 04:36 AM:

>>> You don't list the files with any file permsisions so we can't tell
>>> from the output not do you give any indication of any error messages
>>> from your attempts to run the shell script, but is the run-mozilla.sh
>>> script executable?
>>>

>>        Come to think of it I didn't check that.
>> -rwxr-xr-x  1 karl karl    10450 2010-01-11 11:02 run-mozilla.sh
>>
>> Dummy is me. All the tarball files belong to me, karl. I will
>> fix this and they will all belong to root I think, but will
>> check what thunderbird 2.00 has for owners.
>
> files do NOT have to be owned by root to be executable -- they need
> the executable bit set.
>
> in the listing you showed, the executable bit IS set (that's what the
> x's mean), so the shell script should run.

	It did but it sent to the owners of Ubuntu email saying I am
going on Vacation and stop sending emails. I had to fix that
and the new system is on hold until I can get this fixed.

	I used the shell script fedora which does work fine. Tomorrow
I will try and fix the problems. But they are many and serious.

73 Karl

Hate the Democrat's

73 Karl

--