missing bootmenu entries[SOLVED}

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Wed Feb 10 20:16:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 01:06:08PM -0500, Bill Marcum wrote:

            .............snip.............

> Do you have a /boot partition? Is it possible one distro mounts /boot and
> the other doesn't?

On my Hardy installation /boot resides on the / partition. The problem
turned out to be my Jaunty installation (on the same disk). Since I had
installed it last, I was booting with it's menu.lst. For some reason it
wasn't picking up the last two kernel upgrades. Running update-grub
didn't help. Had to add the last two Hardy entries manually. Works now
but I still don't know why Jaunty's grub didn't pick up the Hardy
upgrades. I may be wrong but I seem to remember it doing that before.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279