missing bootmenu entries

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Tue Feb 9 02:03:53 UTC 2010

Upgraded the Jaunty and Hardy kernels on my multi boot tower yesterday.
The Jaunty upgrade offered the customary choice of grub menus. The Hardy
upgrade didn't. When I rebooted Jaunty it ran the latest kernel. Hardy
didn't show the 2.6.24-26 or 2.6.24-27 kernels in the boot menu. They
were present in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file. Looks like I've been
running the 2.6.24-25 kernel all this time without realizing it. Found a
couple of Google hits that talked about the problem but with no
resolution.

Never ran into this before. Anyone have any ideas, docs, pointers?

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279