basic - continued

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 8 16:42:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:37:04 +0100
Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> But what it comes down to is that there are no know wild Linux viruses
> or other infective programs yet.

Bingo!  That's just my point.  They can only help with old
attacks (of which there are none of any consequence /for
Linux/) /unless/ the new attacks hold some similarity to old attacks.

No matter how tightly one positions one's software protectors,
someone/something must still protect the flanks of that phalanx.

> Because of this, most people don't
> run anti-viral programs and even if they did they likely would not
> catch whatever new thing does get invented.

But it's better to have and not need than vice-versa.

Cybe R. Wizard -dang, must be platitude day for me
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes