No more OOo in UNR 10.04

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 7 18:54:35 UTC 2010

On 02/07/2010 06:20 AM, Scott Hayes wrote:
> I think that is very important to remember that just because they remove
> OOo as the default, you can still install it yourself. You are not being
> "forced" to use Google Docs.
>
> I rarely work with the default, I will be installing Gimp, I will be
> installing OOo, I will install all the tools that I need.
>
> I actually agree with these modifications, make it for the average
> person who either is not strong in Linux or the new Linux user.

Right... and all of those students that use netbooks to open/save MS
Office docs, spreadsheets, etc., in OOo[1] will now have to jump through
hoops to install OOo (or just boot to Windows & leave it there). What a
brilliant (not) idea.

<https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-une-applications>

[1] We'd like them to use the OOo formats, but realize that's not
happening soon... http://www.openoffice.org/