Webcam and audio

Han Pilmeyer pilux at pilmeyer.nl
Sun Feb 7 09:57:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 18:17 +0100, Alfredo De Luca wrote:

> I have my webcam and the audio not working.
>

> I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my HP Pavillion. I think the audio worked
> before but suddenly today doesn.t....for sure my webcam never woked.
>

> Any suggestions?

You don't say which HP Pavilion and they're all slightly different. If
you have an Intel sound chipet (e.g. snd-hda-intel ICH9), then you may
try changing the last line in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf (the one
that starts with "options snd-hda-intel"). At least try commenting it
out or try replacing the power stuff ("power_save=10
power_save_controller=N") with something similar to "model=hp-dv6".

If the other person can't hear you when to talk to the webcam, then it's
also possible that the sound volume for your mic may be too low.

--
Han Pilmeyer
pilux_at_pilmeyer_dot_nl