basic - continued

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Sat Feb 6 16:20:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

> No, it isn't. It is the comparison I, for example, had to do at work:
> WinXP with Office 2003 or Ubuntu 9.04 with which ever version of OOo I
> prefer.

Nothing is stopping you buying a newer version of MS office...

If the point you are trying to make is OO is free, so you can upgrade whenever you want, whereas MS office isn't free, then great. A very fair and valid point. But on a purely technically level it is not fair to compare a 6 year old obsolete application to the latest and greatest of another, when an upgrade for the older package is available (free or otherwise).

cheers Chris