64 bit info

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:25:28 UTC 2010

>        In no way do I blame anyone for ordering the big RAM chips. I
> got the opinion from several emails that you should have 4 GB
> of RAM before using 64bit. This I have said is not the case
> since the 64bit computer I write this on is running fine with
> 2 GB of RAM. I have lots of money so the issue is not important.

I'm glad you're well off. The point was that the old OP had 4 gigs,
not that it was a requirement. Which you now know.
I'd only suggest a ram upgrade if you want more ram, not to test out
an OS. I hope you enjoy 64-bit computing.
Just a juicy tidbit: You can run 32-bit applications in 64-bit ubuntu.
Cool stuff IMO.

~SpaceGhost