/etc/init.d

pclapham at windstream.net pclapham at windstream.net
Thu Feb 4 15:40:17 UTC 2010

Hi --
I am trying to remove a program that runs in background on our Ubuntu machine. It was installed with rpm -i --nodeps and isn't one of the ones found on the Ubuntu site. I need to remove it so that it no longer conflicts with the upgrade installation. It had a script in /etc/init.d (which I removed), as well as material in the /opt directory (which I put into a directory that wouldn't be called by any configuration file), and it had spawn in the rc#.d directories (which I moved). But it still shows up as being in conflict with the call in the /etc/init.d directory. Evidently there's a file somewhere that lists the scripts in /etc/init.d. Can somebody tell me what that is?
Thanks.
cheers,
pete