wireless issues

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:56:02 UTC 2010

>>> You are on the wrong list. This is for Karmic users. You want the
>>> development list. Or you can post to the forums or join #ubuntu+1 on IRC
>>> Freenode.

>> This is the ubuntu-users list not the karmic-users list!
>> Development lists are not for user support!

> Your reading comprehension is poor as well.

>> ubuntu-devel-discuss - Ubuntu Development (users and developers) <<
> Notice the word USERS?

I stand corrected, to a certain extent, although I can reassure you
that my "reading comprehension" is fine; I had not read the
mini-description above and had assumed that the Ubuntu development
lists are similar to those of other distributions, which are exclusive
to developers and from which there are regular forwards to
user/support lists of support requests to developer lists. This one
seems to have been set up for developers to get feedback from users;
an original concept to say the least.

I have now subscribed to the ubuntu-devel-discuss and looked through
its November-January archives and there are no support requests
similar to the OP's so I make the point again that he has every right
to request our help since this is a Ubuntu support list and he is
running Ubuntu - and it is the only list-support option. We had many
Karmic threads here before Karmic was released and I am sure that we
will have many Lucid threads before April 29th. If you do not want to
deal with Lucid alpha and beta issues, simply delete those emails.
Please do not drive people away because of personal bias.