html5 youtube google chrome

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 13:06:23 UTC 2010

Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> 	Thanks and I see where the money is pointing. Google can
>> really make waves when they want to. But I read part of the
>> html5 definition and it said it must be backward compatable,
>> but this often is forgot.
>
> Unfortunately, it's mostly impossible to develop a markup language for
> page structure in a backwards-compatible way. If you define new
> structures, old user agents will not understand them. There's no real
> way round that.
>
> The backwards-compatibility in HTML5 refers more to it being an
> extension of XHTML1 - you could replace the doctype on a a valid
> XHTML1.0 document with an HTML5 one and it will check out as valid
> HTML5. This means that HTML5 user agents should have no problems
> rendering XHTML content, without explicitly supporting it.

	I am on 9.10 64 bit now and the new firefox 3.5.4 really does
show Utube things well. When I first looked firefox wanted to
load some drivers which I let it do. Then the thousands of
Utube things work. I do not know if this new firefox can read
HTML5 but the new Utube with the President talking today seem
very bright.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI