BURG not working after update

Hrishikesh Murali hrishikeshmurali88 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:48:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, and have grub2 as my bootloader. I
installed BURG (
http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/572-burg-advanced-menu-for-grub2),
and it was really cool. I could give my own picture as the background for
grub2 and configure fonts and looks, etc.

But suddenly after an update, grub2 suddenly turned out to be the old "blue
and black" colours which comes as default with debian. So, I reinstalled
grub2, and did the same again. It's just not working, I'm getting the "blue
and black" colour configuration.

1. Has anyone tried this out?
2. Is this a bug in grub2?
3. If answer is no, then is there some other configuration I need to change
to get it working?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Hrishikesh Murali