basic

Tero Pesonen ubuntu-users at tpesonen.net
Wed Feb 3 11:53:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 12:27 +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 20:03:37 PM +0900, q0k (q0k.character at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> Other than that, what Ubuntu has more than Windows is (at least)
> built-in immunity to Windows viruses and a much more customizable user
> interface.

On this score there's a difference between the Gnome and KDE UI's. At
least until KDE 4.0 (which I have no real experience with), KDE used to
be very customizable and easy to make to work for you. Gnome, on the
other hand, has always offered less user control (my opinion). Most
users seem to prefer one desktop environment over the other. I use both:
Ubuntu/Gnome at work, openSUSE/KDE at home.

Tero

--
Tero Pesonen
tero-at-tpesonen.net