files end with ~

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:09:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM, petko penkov <petko_penkov at abv.bg> wrote:
>  hi,
> when working with quanta of my ubuntu 9.10 server files remain culminating
> in ~.
> where is the problem in ubuntu or in quanta.How to get  quanta or ubuntu to
> remove them from the file system after the work is finished.
> thanks in advanced.
> P.Penkov
Those are temp files. They are created when you are working on
something and the program saves a small copy containing changes you
may not have saved yet.
If you like you can do this, but please don't modify it.

rm -rfv *~

That will remove any files with any characters in front, ending in a ~
(Tilda) in that directory.

~SpaceGhost