Interesting read about the future of Ubuntu

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 28 08:48:11 UTC 2010

On 28/12/2010 16:56, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 13:46:08 -0500
> "Boggess Rod"<rboggess at tenovacore.com>  wrote:
>
>>> <Remainder elided.>
>>> There is a Russian expression which covers the above, but I do not
>>> know it's English equivalent so the best I can do is to translate it
>>> literally, "Some into the forest....some to get firewood.....".
>>>
>>> BC
>> The English Proverb: Some men go into the forest and see no firewood.
>> (Their minds are filled with the preconceived notion of a forest being
>> made of living trees, rather than multi-purposed and also useful for
>> collecting firewood.)
>>
> I believe that a similar aphorism here in the Colonies is, "...can't
> see the forest for the trees," indicating too-close an attention to
> details and an accompanying failure to discern the overall picture.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

Nope, totally misses the point, sorry :-) .

It's more of an expression of lack of direction and organisation and
with people going wandering around aimlessly: some into the forest for a
pee or whatever, some into the forest for firewood, some for.......

As I said, it's difficult to translate :-) .

BC

--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and
won't change the subject.