Interesting read about the future of Ubuntu

Sat Dec 25 19:21:45 UTC 2010

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Some CentOS treats such as Yum are in fact available for Ubuntu.

I don't think I've ever heard it that way round! The last few times
I've found myself on an rpmish machine I've been crying out for dpkg
and apt-* and the like. I'm told yum has improved quite a bit since,
but I didn't realise it was now appreciably better than dpkg et al. Is
there anything in particular that's particularly better?

I had a go on Fedora not that long ago, but the smallness of the
repositories put me off incredibly quickly, so it didn't get much of a
fair trial.

--
Avi