Tracking the polling software

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Dec 13 05:36:57 UTC 2010

Tony Pursell wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 08:47 +0100, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> > So how could I find out "who" is polling "something" every two
> > seconds?

Try the command

udisks --dump|grep poll

and check if there is a 1 at the end of any column. If there is, use
"udisks --dump" (without grep) to see which device it is. I suppose you
can also change the behaviour if you want but I didn't try it myself.

> Isn't this the normal regular syncing?

There should be nothing to sync every ~2 seconds on an idle system. On
my system only the CD/DVD drive is polled in regular intervalls.

Nils