Video hiccups

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 20:20:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-11 at 21:47 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 11/12/2010 20:43, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using Firefox 3.6.13 on Ubuntu Linux 10.10 64 Bit version.
> > whenever i see You Tube videos there is always a hiccup. It stalls and
> > then again starts and again it stalls
> >
> > Please suggest/guide
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kaushal
>
> First thing, what is your ADSl(2+) speed, and what else do you have
> running when you access YouTube? What is the speed of your cpu, and how
> much RAM do you have? Where are you located?
>
> The other thing, YouTube is very often heavily accessed and so its
> output to you is very poor.
>
> My wife and I have sat here on many an occasion suffering what you are
> experiencing because of YouTube being overloaded.
>
> One way out of it is to install DowloadHelper and capture the video you
> want, and then replay it from the copy you have downloaded.

That, or just cd into /tmp
type ls -latr and the last file with be named Flash* ...then just copy
that file to some name like tmp.flv. When the flash download is
complete, and you've copied it, you'll have the video in it's entirety.
Keep in mind to move the completed copy somewhere else as it will be
gone if you reboot. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256