crippled meerkat

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 05:13:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 20:25 -0800, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 00:40 +0500, chiaowl wrote:
> >> Keeping it brief:
> >> no mic sound, won't send emails, unable to access computer janitor,
> >> package manager, or ubuntu software center - plus misc. other problems
> >> like not allowing email backups (which I think I need to do before I
> >> clumsily try to resolve this with my sub-kindergarten level of
> >> knowledge of linux).
> >
> > Any particular reason for starting your exploration of Linux with
> > Meerkat? You might be better served installing the LTS version (long
> > Term Support) Lucid (ver 10.4). I think you'd be much better served.
> > Jus' my 4 cents, Ric
> >
> It seems to work just fine for lots of people, and there's no reason
> to suspect that Maverick was at fault here, at least not from what has
> been presented so far.
>
> But, that's ok, Ric, you just go right on hanging out in the past.
> Some of us boldly go where no LTS 10.04.1'er wants to go....

I know, it's just plain ole Dullsville around here. It all just works,
I'm not bleeding ink over my install going blooey, like a goat bladder
in the noon-day sun. I'm so bored I'm watching 2008 youtube videos
blasting Sarah Palin. I do note that Adobe Container is eating up 35% of
my cpu, while doing so, but I can live with that and remain grateful
that at least I'm not running Windows! Linux, the Alpha Male OS.
<cackles> Ric

p/s Alpha Females are certainly welcome as well!
Linux user# 44256