odd DNS problem, maybe OT

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Wed Dec 8 07:41:24 UTC 2010

Hello Cybe,

Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 5:06:39 AM, Cybe wrote:

CRW> On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:43:51 -0800
CRW> rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

>> I have an odd problem. I have lost the ability to connect to anything
>> from sat.wrh.noaa.gov or star.nesdis.noaa.gov - these give sat and
>> radar weather info.

CRW> sat.wrh.noaa.gov:
CRW> ----------
CRW> If this does not work for any reason use the link below:

CRW> http://radar.weather.gov
CRW> ----------

CRW> Then it re-directs.

True - the NWS redirects to the two domains that are the problems,
although I just keep them in bookmarks. They are in the process of
redoing their sites, but much of the actual 'data' is still in the
same places.

Seems to have been a Comcast DNS problem - switching DNS servers
immediately solved the problem, and going back to Comcast reintroduced
the problem. I can now go to all the previously 'bad' sites.

But - I still have not found a way to get privoxy to 'forget' the bad
DNS, [if that's what it's doing]. Even though it's not supposed to be
a caching proxy, it does seem to introduce DNS-like problems. Restart
does not seem to help.

Thanks for the reply,

--

 rikona