Two Buggy Browsers

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:29:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Angus MacGyver <
macgyver at calibre-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
> As to the firefox..
>
> Have you tried to execute it from the command line ?
>

> Quoting PeteVG
> 2)  Try running Firefox from the command line by opening a terminal,
> typing "firefox", and hitting Enter.  Watch the terminal output, as it
> may give you hints as to why Firefox is crashing.
>

> Do that and post any output...
>
> Cheers
>
> AM

A.M.--

*nat at nat-desktop:~$ ls ~/*
AdbeRdr9.3.3-1_i486linux_enu.bin  examples.desktop       Podcasts
Adobe                             Firefox                Public
AdobeReader.desktop               Firefox_wallpaper.png  Templates
Azureus Downloads                 hs_err_pid25054.log    troubleshoot.txt
bin                               hs_err_pid25604.log    Videos
Desktop                           Music
Documents                         Pictures
*nat at nat-desktop:~$* cd ~/Firefox
*nat at nat-desktop:~/Firefox$* ls
application.ini             libfreebl3.so    LICENSE
blocklist.xml               libmozjs.so      modules
browserconfig.properties    libnspr4.so      mozilla-xremote-client
chrome                      libnss3.so       platform.ini
components                  libnssckbi.so    plugin-container
crashreporter               libnssdbm3.chk   plugins
crashreporter.ini           libnssdbm3.so    README.txt
crashreporter-override.ini  libnssutil3.so   removed-files
defaults                    libplc4.so       res
dependentlibs.list          libplds4.so      run-mozilla.sh
dictionaries                libsmime3.so     searchplugins
extensions                  libsoftokn3.chk  Throbber-small.gif
firefox                     libsoftokn3.so   update.locale
firefox-bin                 libsqlite3.so    updater
greprefs                    libssl3.so       updater.ini
icons                       libxpcom.so
libfreebl3.chk              libxul.so
*nat at nat-desktop:~/Firefox$* firefox
*nat at nat-desktop:~/Firefox$ *

A window keeps popping up saying that FF is already running.....

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)