Separate X Sessions with Dual Monitors

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at
Thu Aug 5 11:26:14 UTC 2010

Hello, I would like to, instead of using TwinView, have two separate X
screens. I had done it in the past, and I had two instances of Gnome
running. I would like to do it with two separate Desktop Environments such
as Gnome on one monitor and Xmonad on the other. I've tried googling several
different terms, and I could not find anybody attempting this. Can anybody
give me some insight on how it works or how to do this?

Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire at>
Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

gpg --recv-keys E13B0909

Key fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE C69F 18B3 E13B 0909