Ubuntu 2.6.31-19-generic monitor change

lazer1 lazer1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 19:21:09 UTC 2010

well I have found what xorg.conf should be but cannot instate it!

by "trying Ubuntu without changes" that has xorg.conf

for the monitor,

the ModelName field is "PHILIPS 150"

VendorName is "Monitor Vendor"

DisplaySize is 300   230

HorizSync is 30.0 - 61.0
VertRefresh is 56.0 - 75.0
Option is "dpms"

but trying Ubuntu without changes doesnt allow me to read or write any

files.

this is a real catch 22 situation.

and the Grub shell doesnt allow me to access the drives properly.

They really should have a safe graphics boot option to deal with such
problems,

why isnt there a boot command line option for safe graphics?

HOW does the "try Ubuntu without changes" safe graphics option work?