HP PhotoSmart E337

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Apr 28 22:51:05 UTC 2010

On 04/28/2010 03:43 AM, Ray Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am thinking of buying an HP Photosmart E337 from a friend of mine, and
> I have it hooked up to my computer with a USB cable that comes with it.
>
> I can get the camera to say it is connecting on it's screen, and the pop
> up from Ubuntu recognizes a camera is attached, and asks if I want to
> import the pictures.
>
> However, when I clcik OK it shows me two slightly different selections
> of camera to import from, and both of them fail to connect with an
> "unspecified error" error message.
>
> Is there anything I can do to get the camera working with Hardy Heron?

Ray, most often you can copy images from camera media faster plugged into
a reader on your 'puter or on a USB card reader.....made to read various
formats, then you can direct from a camera. I never hook up any of my
Canon SLRs direct to the PC.

Fred

--
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people,
except for a few public officials." -- George Mason