HP PhotoSmart E337

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Wed Apr 28 22:20:01 UTC 2010

Carl Friis-Hansen wrote:
> Quoting Ray Parrish <crp at cmc.net>:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am thinking of buying an HP Photosmart E337 from a friend of mine, and
>> I have it hooked up to my computer with a USB cable that comes with it.
>>
>> I can get the camera to say it is connecting on it's screen, and the pop
>> up from Ubuntu recognizes a camera is attached, and asks if I want to
>> import the pictures.
>>
>> However, when I clcik OK it shows me two slightly different selections
>> of camera to import from, and both of them fail to connect with an
>> "unspecified error" error message.
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to get the camera working with Hardy Heron?
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can be, Ray Parrish
>>

> My guess is that the camera already got mounted in /media or /mnt and
> can therefore not make the second mount from the photo software you
> are running.  Try disable automatic mound somewhere in the Preferences
> menu as far as I remember.

I just did an lsusb, and got the following results -

ray at RaysComputer:~/Videos$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 03f0:4002 Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart 720 /
PhotoSmart 935 (storage)
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 058f:9360 Alcor Micro Corp. 8-in-1 Media Card Reader
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c045 Logitech, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0c45:612e Microdia
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

That is identifying the camera as a 720, or 935 model number instead of
the 337 model number on the front of the camera.

I hope this information helps get this problem solved.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Linux dpkg Software Report script set..
http://www.rayslinks.com/LinuxdpkgSoftwareReport.html