Installation problem

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 11:32:13 UTC 2010

On 04/24/2010 11:31 PM, Alan Duval wrote:
> I had a ASUS M3A MB and AMD 64 Athlon X2 CPU which I hadn't used and
> decided to make a PC using it. It will install WIN XP but Ubuntu 8.04,
> 9.04, Linux Mint 7, 32 bits, Linux Mint 8 KDE 64 X86, Fedora 10 Live,
> and Knoppix 6.21 all have problems namely when I open Open Office or
> Firefox the screen freezes. GOS is the only OS that works without
> freezing and that was originally installed on a removable HD on another
> computer with a different MB. This is all strange as GOS is based on
> Ubuntu 8.04. Does anyone know why opening Open Office or Firefox should
> cause the system to freeze with the other operating systems?
>
> Regards,
>
> Alan Duval

     I googled your board and suggest you go to this web page and see
which is your board and d/l what you might need.

http://www.asus.com/search.aspx?searchitem=1&searchkey=m3a

Your problem is that Windows can load but Linux can not. Find something
that talks to this.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI