Installation problem

Alan Duval amoht at westnet.com.au
Sun Apr 25 05:31:21 UTC 2010

I had a ASUS M3A MB and AMD 64 Athlon X2 CPU which I hadn't used and
decided to make a PC using it. It will install WIN XP but Ubuntu 8.04,
9.04, Linux Mint 7, 32 bits, Linux Mint 8 KDE 64 X86, Fedora 10 Live,
and Knoppix 6.21 all have problems namely when I open Open Office or
Firefox the screen freezes. GOS is the only OS that works without
freezing and that was originally installed on a removable HD on another
computer with a different MB. This is all strange as GOS is based on
Ubuntu 8.04. Does anyone know why opening Open Office or Firefox should
cause the system to freeze with the other operating systems?

Regards,

Alan Duval