OT: Free Hosting for Big files. SOLVED
Cybe R. Wizard
cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 25 00:13:35 UTC 2010
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 19:15:40 +0200
Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez <jlalarcon at inMail24.com> wrote:
> El Sat, 24 Apr 2010 09:45:12 -0400
> Hal Burgiss <hal at burgiss.net> escribió:
> > On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez
> > <jlalarcon at inmail24.com> wrote:
> > > DropBox looks like a Great Thing. But the "problem" i have with it
> > > is i don't have nautilus and i don't wanna have it on my system.
> > > I'm on the KDE side. Can be DropBox used with the K Desktop
> > > Enviroment?.
> > I am using it with xfce, so I would guess so. Try it and see. Its
> > "free".
> Thanks very much to ALL people answer my thread. This list is a very
> kind and wondeful place. :)
> Specially thanks to the replies that discover to me Dropbox. It looks
> like a really useful and reliable tool for share and synchronize
I'm late to the game but has anyone suggested fex (in the repos for
Here's the description from synaptic:
F*EX (Frams's Fast File EXchange) is a service that can be used to allow
users anywhere on the Internet to exchange very large files quickly and
The sender uploads the file to the F*EX-server and the recipient
automatically gets a notification e-mail with a download-URL.
Main features of F*EX:
* file transfer of virtually unlimited file size
* sender and recipient only need an e-mail program and a web browser
(of any kind; they do not have to install any software)
* RESEND and REGET for resuming after link failures at last sent byte
* auto-notification of recipient
* auto-deletion after download
* auto-deletion after expiration date (default: 5 days)
* full-users can create sub-users, who can send only to this full-user
* maintenance-free: no administration necessary beyond creating new
* multiple recipients only require one stored copy
* F*EX uses HTTP and needs no firewall tunnels
* support for streams, too (SEX: Stream EXchange)
* shell clients provided for commandline users: fexsend and fexget.
Cybe R. Wizard
When Windows are opened the bugs come in.
More information about the ubuntu-users